As businesses become increasingly reliant on technology to support their day-to-day operations and long-term growth plans, having a network that is performing at its best and is as secure as possible is more important than ever. That’s why companies like IS&T offer free Network Assessments. These evaluations help business owners understand their network’s performance and security status in order to make the right choices for their IT needs.
What is a Network Assessment?
During a Network Assessment, also referred to as an “IT review” or “Network Audit”, an experienced and knowledgeable IT professional will take a detailed look at your network to ensure maximum performance and security. This is done by ensuring the necessary protocols, tools, systems, and procedures are being utilized, integrated, and set up properly. A standard IT Network Assessment evaluates the following areas:
- Server & Desktop Infrastructure – Determines if all software and equipment are up to date, secured, adequately warrantied, etc.
- Operating Systems & Active Directory Configuration – Evaluates current operating system configurations for optimal performance.
- Patching & Anti-Virus/Malware Status – Confirms all servers and PCs are protected against viruses and malware and that regular updates, consistent scans, and necessary patches are deployed.
- Data Backups & Business Continuity – Checks that a solid backup and disaster recovery plan is in place in the event of a network outage or incident. Also ensures that the business can get back up and running as quickly as possible in the event of network problems or data loss.
- LAN/WAN Performance & Security – Checks all WAN routers, LAN switches, and Firewalls to ensure all are properly configured, updated, and high performing.
What are the benefits of a Free Network Assessment?
Technology helps businesses of all sizes across all industries meet their short and long-term goals. A free Network Assessment can confirm whether or not a business’s IT environment is providing the value that it should be and offer suggestions on how to improve technology for the better.
By having an experienced professional go over your network with a fine-tooth comb, you can rest assured that your business is supported and protected against any issues that may come as a result of network issues. During the assessment you’ll get a good idea of where your network stands in terms of performance and security. After your network has been properly evaluated, the IT provider will suggest any changes or services that may benefit your business. Then you can make an informed decision based on what is best for your network’s needs. Without a network assessment from a reliable provider, many businesses may be sold on products and services they don’t need or miss out on the chance to optimize their network and business performance.
In addition, a Network Assessment can be helpful for businesses looking to expand their network, as it gives business owners a baseline of current performance levels. A Network Assessment will provide an outline of equipment that needs replacing, software that needs upgrading, and reveal the skill level of the IT staff currently managing the network.
IS&T – Network Security Experts
For over 20 years, IS&T has been providing professional IT consultations and services to businesses across all industries. Our network security team consists of experts who promise to ensure the utmost security and efficiency of your business’s network. We approach network assessments in the same way we approach every IT service we offer – with a thoughtful, customized method. To IS&T, each client is unique, and we aim to provide network security and efficiency suggestions based on your specific needs and business model.
Don’t wait until it’s too late. Schedule your free, no-obligation network assessment today by contacting us today.