Systems Engineer - Active Directory
Seeking Systems Engineer - Active Directory
The Systems Engineer will be part of a global team responsible for delivering storage, virtualization, and server management services in a 24x7, mission-critical environment. Primary duties will include maintenance of Server OS, Active Directory Engineering and Management, SCCM Management, and engineering support of other platforms and enterprise systems.
The Systems Engineer may be asked to perform disaster recovery operations, protecting data, upgrading software and hardware equipment, and/or replacing faulty hardware components when necessary.
- Base understanding of the following technologies (hardware and ancillary tasks):
- Virtualization technologies: VMWare, Citrix, Hyper-V.
- Server hardware: HP, Dell, Cisco.
- Storage technologies: EMC, Pure, HP.
- Microsoft: Active Directory, Group Policy, Windows Server OS, Office365, and Exchange.
- Network Monitoring Tools: SolarWinds, etc.
- Backup technologies: Data domain/Avamar/Pure/Veeam.
- Other: OpenDNS, SCCM, AWS, Linux.
- Support a data center environment.
- Establish server and storage environment by designing system configuration; directing system installation; defining, documenting, and enforcing system standards.
- Strong knowledge of a Hybrid AD environment and be able to run scripts and reports. Knowledge of how to setup SSO; Azure AD Integrations. Prior experience leading AD enterprise projects to improve HR onboarding, offboarding, other practices, AD security.
- Maximize system performance by monitoring performance; troubleshooting problems and outages; scheduling upgrades; collaborating with the infrastructure team on system impacts to the environment.
- Install new / rebuild existing servers and configure hardware, peripherals, services, settings, directories, storage, etc. in accordance with standards and project/operational requirements.
- Apply OS patches via SCCM and upgrades on a regular basis, and upgrade administrative tools and utilities. Configure / add new services as necessary.
- Report systems Ops status by gathering, prioritizing information; and managing, delivering projects.
- Analyze system problems, perform troubleshooting and incident response on the system and communicate with the appropriate personnel; manage problems through to resolution.
- Support and perform IT Change Control best practices for predictable results.
- Continuously update technical knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; and participating in professional organizations.
- Bachelor’s Degree and 4 years of experience, or 7+ years of work experience that is directly related to the job responsibilities. Certifications are a plus, but not required (MCSE, Azure Admin, etc.).
- Ability to demonstrate troubleshooting skills, communicate clearly, think analytically, all while working in a high energy environment and flexibility to work on a wide range of technologies.
- Must be able to multi-task and juggle multiple priorities while ensuring successful completion of all items. Forward thinker who designs for not only current business needs but, plans for scalability and longer-term solutions.
- Excellent writing and communication skills.
Job Order ID#: 5352
Job Type: Direct Hire
Apply For This Position