Seeking a Senior Architect for a long term project.
- Responsible for the design, specification and services related to the built environment such as public and administrative buildings, residential, living quarters, control rooms, maintenance facilities, research facilities, electrical substation, etc.
- Under broad direction, supervises and leads a group of engineers.
- Provides technical direction over a group and is responsible for employee performance appraisals and for coaching and developing lower level professionals.
- Plans, budgets, organizes, and controls an important segment of a very extensive and highly diversified engineering program or an entire engineering program of moderate scope.
- Project responsibilities include, but are not limited to, building design (complying with Client specifications, building code, and industry standards), writing specifications, writing Buildings Basis of Design, building cost estimating, engineering coordination, attending project meetings, giving presentations to project stakeholders and tracking execution progress.
- Types of buildings the successful candidate should be familiar with include control and operator buildings, laboratory facilities, administrative buildings, warehouse and maintenance facilities, first aid buildings and fire houses, process shelters, plant security facilities and substations.
- Significant onshore oil and gas experience to lead design and production efforts related to industrial buildings.
- This position will answer directly to the Architectural Department Manager and may be called on to provide technical guidance to other team members.
- Ability to work effectively with internal and external project stakeholders is required for successful execution of this position.
- Familiar with key architectural deliverables from major project phases, including Pre-FEED, FEED and EPC.
- The ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously will be critical to successfully filling this position. Holding a US Architect's license required.
- A minimum 10 years of related experience and a minimum of 5 years in the Industrial-Energy sector experience is preferred.
- Clear understanding of IBC and accessibility requirements is a must. Computer software competency in AutoCAD, Revit, and/or MicroStation is necessary, as well as the MS Office Suite of software.
Job Order ID#: 5396
Location: Houston, TX
Job Type: Contract
Apply For This Position