Instrumentation/Controls Telecoms Designer
Seeking Instrumentation/Controls Telecoms Designer
• 4 – 6 month duration
• Immediate start date
• FLSA Nonexempt
Under broad oversight, provides technical design direction for the Control/Telecommunication Systems Engineering project team. The Telecommunications Designer must have experience and working knowledge around the design, installation, and testing in all or most of the following systems: Closed Circuit Television (CCTV), Personnel Access Control Systems, Perimeter Intrusion Detection Systems, Public Address/General Alarm systems (PA/GA), wired and wireless network systems, Telephony Systems, Digital Radio Systems, Marine Systems.
The required skills are typically acquired through a Technical Training Program and a minimum of 7 years related experience, with an average of 10+ years. Expertise shall consist of, but not limited to the following:
• Working knowledge of CADD software, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, Microsoft PowerPoint, and SPI Smart Plant Instrumentation
• Working knowledge of Navis Works 3D model viewer; AVEVA 3D and/or SP3D a plus+
• Perform electrical and instrumentation system walkdowns and create as-built drawings.
• Perform the necessary QA/QC (review/check drawings)
• Develop telecom design documents, including but not limited to index, location plans, junction box location plans, schematics, wiring diagrams, installation details, loop drawings, cabinet layouts, junction box schedules, marshalling cabinet schedules, network communications drawings, block diagrams, conduit and cable schedules, and demo sketches.
• Create BOM and material takeoffs.
• Work with multiple engineering disciplines to produce timely design output.
Job Order ID#: 5439
Location: Houston, TX
Job Type: Contract
Apply For This Position