Seeking a strong Networking and Cloud Engineer to join our engineering team.
This role will work with the current team and business stakeholders to find and resolve network issues on-prem and in cloud platforms, maintain, upgrade, troubleshoot, and continuously improve reliability in line with SLAs and internal business needs. Participate in the identification, implementation, and support of tools and processes that will allow the organization to effectively manage the on-prem and cloud networked environments. Ensure availability, scalability, and security requirements are met with on-prem or cloud deployments. Stay current in latest cloud trends, best practices, and service offerings.
Maintain cloud and on-prem infrastructure support documentation (IPAM, Diagrams, Standards, Policies & Procedures). In addition, this individual suggests new policies and procedures that protects our digital assets, works with outside vendors, and partners with IT team members to ensure the continuous integrity of the company's systems. Develop and maintain automation capabilities for network device deployment and other automation for routine tasks.
Participate regular team and project meetings and participate in disaster recovery preparations and failover testing exercises.
· 10+ years experience in a Network Engineering role (including leading projects and design efforts, not just operations, support, and/or deployment)
· 5+ years Experience designing and deploying complex multi-vendor enterprise network & security architectures (FWs, ELB/ALBs, DNS, network segmentation, IDS/IPS, DLP, WAF, R&S, VPCs, TGW, EC2, Security Groups, etc.) for OnPrem and Cloud leading design & projects, not just deployments or operations
· 5+ years Cisco expertise including experience designing and implementing secure enterprise networks utilizing Cisco routing & switching (BGP, OSPF, SD-WAN, QoS, IPSec, MPLS, 802.1x, ISE, etc.) for hybrid architectures
· Experience with ExpressRoute
· Strong knowledge of DevOps methodologies and practices, preferably in the deployment and operation of foundational cloud network infrastructure
· Highly proficient with Automation tools and monitoring tools such as Orion Solarwinds
· Working knowledge of security and audit standards (PCI DSS, CIS, ISO, SOC2)
Job Order ID#: 5336
Location: Houston, TX
Job Type: Direct Hire