Seeking BIM Modeler
Looking to hire an experienced BIM Modeler/Engineer to provide remote support to their team onsite at the Telsa Giga Factory designing and installing hydronic and process piping systems. This person will be directly responsible for generating fabrication BIM models (LOD 400) and as-built models (LOD 500) from design models provided with a LOD 300 to 350 while coordinating with other contractors and trades. The ideal candidate will have experience working with large, complex projects and can multi-task and collaborate with several technical disciplines.
· The BIM Modeler/Engineer is expected to have the design skills to necessary to generate detailed and accurate BIM models for fabrication (LOD 400) and for as-builts (LOD 500).
· Responsible for proper set up and maintenance of large federated building models involving 8-10 design and engineering disciplines or more. Projects are typically are cloud-hosted and span across multiple internal and external design teams in different geographies and time zones.
· Responsible for the coordinating the design produced by the Engineering Team while coordinating with Trade Contractors and other third-party vendors.
· Responsible for integrating the work of both the layout team and various tool-line owners working on a given project as well as coordinating the efforts of the design team using the model for planning and conceptual work.
· Hand off the completed model/as-built to their facilities counterpart to maintain for future projects.
· Scope of responsibility will include overall accuracy & completeness of the models, physical & operational spatial coordination, and timely implementation and resolution of any issues according to an aggressive schedule.
· Work with engineers, trades, and design professionals to develop an integrated model delivery approach and lead clash detection sessions with a focus on optimizing the construction process and driving quality and value.
· Identify conflicts with Architectural, Structural and other MEP design elements and present well thought-out and cost-effective solutions.
· 2-5 years of hands-on experience working with Trades on construction of high-tech infrastructure and operational facilities (semiconductor, solar, battery, etc.).
· Experience with modeling process piping systems, creating isometrics, and reading P&IDs.
· Proven expertise in Revit, Navisworks and AutoCAD.
· Proficiency in AutoCAD, IFC, data interoperability and general awareness of other BIM and parametric design applications.
Job Order ID#: 5380
Location: Houston, TX
Job Type: Contract
Apply For This Position