Seeking Electrical Engineer
This is a professional position for an Electrical Engineer working for an engineering consulting firm in the oil and gas, mining, and heavy industrial industries. The candidate will be responsible for completing Electrical Engineering tasks while working in a fast-paced, schedule-driven atmosphere. All work will be supervised by a licensed Professional Electrical Engineer.
success is largely due to strong team collaboration within a high-energy atmosphere. The candidate filling this position will be expected to be able to work and communicate within multiple teams. The candidate must be self-sufficient, yet be able to take direction when given, as well as eager to learn and driven to succeed.
Typical Job Tasks:
• Develop Electrical One line drawings, motor schematics, and wiring diagrams
• Create Electrical Equipment Specifications and data sheets for LV and MV equipment.
• Electrical System Studies (Load Flow, Short Circuit, motor starting, Relay Coordination, TCC curves, Arc Flash Studies)
• Review design drawings for quality.
• Responsible for power, lighting, grounding, and controls drawings.
• Perform calculations for cable sizing, cable try, and lighting.
• Area Classification drawing development
• Produce Data Sheets to Order Electrical Equipment
• Prepare procurement package for Electrical equipment buildings.
• Perform bid evaluations and review vendor drawings.
• Coordinate Electrical design packages for Bid and Construction
• Other tasks as delegated by supervisor
• Minimum of 10 years of related experience. Minimum of 5 years of related experience with PE license.
• You will be the lead electrical engineer on one or more projects.
• You may be the engineer of record on routine projects completed.
• success is based on our employees’ ability to thrive in a team environment. You will be able to add value to the team by being proactive, helping less experienced team members understand what tasks need to be completed and how to meet the team's needs.
• Has understanding of multidiscipline engineering consulting projects.
• Will be an expert within the department and will review our procedures to ensure accuracy and efficiency. Works independently using defined procedures to complete tasks with minimal assistance from supervisor and peers.
• You will have the ability to minimize errors on tasks completed by yourself and department.
• Successful when deadlines are met. You will work with you supervisor and project management to develop schedules and durations for required tasks.
• Executes project within budgets utilizing task metrics. Communicates clearly and proactively regarding budgets.
• Full-time regular work hours between Monday-Friday.
• Position may require occasional overtime including weekend work depending on task.
• Must be dependable and punctual.
• Ability to travel up to an average of 20%.
• This is an in-office position, presence in office is required.
Skills and Experience
• Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering
• Passed the Fundamentals of Engineering Exam
• Experience conducting electrical system studies using ETAP is mandatory. SKM or EasyPower software experience is a bonus. Must be able to perform load flow, short circuit, motor starting, relay coordination, and arc flash studies.
• Experience with ANSI/IEEE protective device numbering and functions
• Working understanding of instrumentation and control wiring.
• Minimum of 5 years’ experience or demonstrated equivalency of experience and/or education
• Extremely familiar with NEC, NFPA 70E, NEMA MG-1, IEEE, & ANSI standards
• Lightning protection experience is a bonus
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite including Word, Outlook, Excel
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Job Order ID#: 5126
Location: Houston, TX
Job Type: Contract to Perm
Apply For This Position