Hypertext Preprocessor also known as PHP is considered to be an open source server side scripting language which is used to create dynamic website pages. PHP is also considered as one of the most popular scripting languages in the world. This language offers a series of advantages.
Below listed are a few advantages of PHP application development for the modern web world:
- Hypertext Preprocessor or PHP is a server-side scripting language which helps to create dynamic pages along with many customized features. Thus, this results in the creation of a user-friendly and interactive web application or website for your business organization.
- PHP is considered to be very easy to use when compared to various other programming languages. This is because its syntax is based on the language such as C and Perl. You can easily place a PHP anywhere in your document and a typical PHP file comprises a little PHP scripting code as well as HTML tags. Thus, even if you have the least knowledge about the languages, you can use it easily.
- As PHP happens to be an open-source language, it is totally free of cost. This factor has made PHP more popular. As a result, all the small, as well as big companies, are using PHP for the process of web development.
- Depending upon your coding skills, PHP can turn out to be efficient we language to use. In fact, this language is known to be very scalable in terms of writing code as well as creating applications. At the same time, PHP is also considered to be a reliable source when you need to serve various web pages.
- PHP is a language that supports all kinds of major databases including dBase, MySQL, FrontBase, InterBase, ODBC, IBM, DB2, SQLite, and many others. Not only this, but PHP can also be handled very easily along with a variety of services as well as protocols like SNMP, LDAP, HTTP, NNTP, and many others.
The community of PHP is huge. Owing to its popularity, more than 21 million indexed domains make the use of PHP. According to reports, PHP is the most commonly used open-source software among the enterprises and more than 76 percent of the websites available on the internet make the use of PHP.