Pipe Stress Engineer
Seeking Pipe Stress Engineer - Houston, TX
As a Pipe Stress Engineer you will be responsible for analyzing, designing, and optimizing piping systems to ensure that they meet safety, functionality, and performance requirements. The role requires a strong understanding of mechanical engineering principles, as well as experience in piping design, construction, and operation.
• Perform stress analysis on piping systems using software tools, including CAESAR II, to ensure compliance with industry codes and standards.
• Develop design criteria and specifications for piping systems based on project requirements, including pressure, temperature, fluid type, and environmental conditions.
• Identify potential design issues or conflicts and provide recommendations for modifications or improvements.
• Collaborate with project stakeholders, including designers, engineers, and construction teams, to ensure effective communication and coordination of project activities.
• Provide technical support during construction and commissioning of piping systems, including onsite inspections and testing.
• Review vendor documentation, including equipment specifications and data sheets, to ensure compliance with project requirements.
• Prepare technical reports and presentations to communicate analysis results and recommendations to project stakeholders.
• Stay up to date with industry trends and advancements in piping design and stress analysis methodologies.
• Bachelor's degree in mechanical engineering or a related field.
PE License for Texas and Louisiana
• At least 10-15 years of experience in pipe stress analysis, with experience in oil and gas, petrochemical, or power generation industries strongly preferred.
• Strong knowledge of industry codes and standards, including ASME B31.3, ASME Section VIII, and API 579.
• Technical Requisitions for SP Items and Bulk Materials
• Proficiency in stress analysis software tools.
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to think creatively and develop innovative solutions.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to work effectively with project stakeholders at all levels.
• Strong organizational skills and attention to detail, with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
Job Order ID#: 5300
Location: Houston, TX
Job Type: Contract
Apply For This Position