Seeking Field Engineer
• B.S. Engineering plus 3 years’ applicable work experience, or combination of education and relevant work experience
• Strong communication, documentation, and customer service skillsets.
• Strong proficiency with electrical and power systems and equipment, to include ability to read and understand electrical designs and schematics, identify and assess installed systems against approved electrical designs, and identify and troubleshoot issues.
• Detailed understanding of panel and field wiring diagrams and schematics
• Strong multi-tasking, attention to detail, and analytical/critical thinking skills.
• Ability to work under pressure and complete tasks in a timely manner.
• Familiarity with National Electric Code (NFPA 70), NFPA 70E, and other electrical standards.
• Understanding and experience using AutoCAD for the development or modification of electrical and instrumentation drawings; including site plot plan layouts, single line diagrams, panel layout diagrams and schematics, conduit and cable schedules, and miscellaneous electrical details and schematics
• Knowledgeable or experience with programming PLCs (Allen-Bradley preferred) and HMIs (GE iFIX, Rockwell FactoryTalk View, AVEVA/Wonderware System Platform preferred)
• Knowledgeable of Electrical Protection Relays (SEL, Multilin, etc.)
• Knowledgeable of Historian systems (Canary, PI, iFix, etc.)
• Familiarity with control system communications protocols
• Communicate with clients to determine needs and explain complex issues
• Manage field activities and implement engineering designs, offering technical support, and troubleshooting on-site issues.
• Overseeing equipment testing, maintenance, installation, and planning.
• Directing staff, contractors, engineers, and other on-site personnel.
• Attends field verification walk-downs for purpose of obtaining information on existing site systems and to execute as-built E&I and power distribution design activities
• Participates in factory acceptance testing of designed E&I and power distribution systems
• Works with applicable Senior Engineering Lead(s) and Project Manager(s) to ensure quality of deliverable, budget adherence, etc. Keeps project leadership informed of progress, issues, need for change order, etc. Drafting and submitting reports to superiors and other key individuals.
• Travel +/- 75% with willingness to travel via air
• Participates in the creation of E&I design and electrical power distribution design deliverables
• Participates in the development of logic diagrams, cause & effect matrices, and functional narratives
• Develop and test PLC/HMI programming
• Executes factory acceptance testing
• Safety: Applies safety policies; displays enthusiasm for safety; is proactive in safety matters; attends company safety meetings
• Accountability: Works required days; works required hours; follows company check-in check-out procedure
• Attitude: Exhibits a positive “can do” attitude; shows initiative; demonstrates dependability, commitment and involvement; accepts direction from qualified sources
• Teamwork: Interacts well with co-workers; displays a willingness to cooperate with team; assists team members; shows respect for all team members
• Knowledge: Applies the specific requirements of the job; displays the ability to perform the technical skills required by the job; knows and applies company policies
• Quantity and Quality of Work: Work performed meets or exceeds company standards of acceptability; ability to manage multiple tasks/assignments
• Problem Solving and Action: Analyzes problems and takes action based upon decisions made with good judgment
• Communication: Demonstrates ability to communicate with clients and fellow coworkers clearly, effectively, and respectfully; communications are professional, timely, and intelligent whether written or verbal
Job Order ID#: 5322
Location: Houston, TX
Job Type: Direct Hire
Apply For This Position