Cyber Security Network Engineer
Seeking Cyber Security Network Engineer - Pasadena, TX
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
• Monitors performance of production systems and ensures 24x7X365 availability to our customers; acts as primary liaison between IT and third-party vendors.
• Installs, configures, tunes, maintains, troubleshoots, and administers security updates and patches to ours systems and servers in both physical and virtual environments.
• Designs, installs, configures, tunes, maintains, troubleshoots, and administers components and accounts within the Microsoft Azure cloud.
• Maintains key performance indicators, analyzes systems performance, identifies corrective action, designs and reviews solutions with infrastructure Manager, tests and implements security solutions.
• Leads, plans, coordinates and executes necessary IT engineering efforts and upgrades/updates to core security infrastructure servers and systems.
• Ensures only allowed devices are connected to the network using the Cisco Identity Services Engine (ISE) solution to register and allow only Company and known BYOD devices.
• Installs, Configures, and maintains servers, routers, switches, and firewalls as needed with an emphasis on cybersecurity, reliability, and performance.
• Consults with customers to capture security business requirements, proposes solutions and leads projects delivering the agreed solution.
• Audits and ensures backups and restores are being performed by datacenter personnel as required; recommends and/or takes corrective action as appropriate.
• Coordinates and performs security restore operations as the business requires.
• Ensures updates to network software applications are tested and implemented according to policies; ensure updates are functioning properly.
• Provides administration, troubleshooting, and support for the hosted IP-based phone system.
• Develops, documents and maintains Disaster Recovery procedures and maintains current IT’s DRP Manual; conducts training and hands-on drills with the IT Team and hosting vendors.
• Participates in the IT on-call roster.
• Ensures adequate knowledge and continuous learning by attending industry training and seminars.
• Maintain complete and open lines of communication with other personnel, functions, or departments to facilitate operations and interaction in the organization.
• Keep supervisor informed of status and progress, ensuring that regular and periodic communication takes place.
• Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks and keeping abreast of industry trends and related compliance issues within the area of responsibilities.
• Maintain professional conduct, attendance, and high ethical standards in the work place, complying with company’s policies and procedures.
• Fulfill mandatory training requirements applicable for department and job duties as appropriate.
• Perform other duties and responsibilities as required or requested by supervisor or Management.
The experience and education described here are representative of those that are expected to individuals to successfully perform the essential duties of this position. Equivalent combinations of education and experience that provide the required knowledge, skills, and abilities may be considered on an individual basis.
Experience level Specific experience (industry, specialty, position etc.)
5 + years IT, Microsoft Servers, Cyber Security , Exchange Server - Required
5 + years VmWare vSphere, Horizon - Required
5 + years Configuring Cisco switches, routers, and firewalls, Cyber Security - Required
5 + years Designing, Installing, Configuring, Maintaining Networks (Leading experience) - Required
3 + years Designing, Installing, Configuring, Maintaining virtual components incl. servers in Microsoft Azure or Amazon AWS clouds - Required
2 + years Administering Cisco Identity Services Engine (ISE) - Required
2 + years Cybersecurity monitoring and response - Preferred
2 + years PowerShell, SQL scripting - Required
Education background Specialty/ Major
Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) - Preferred
LICENSES & CERTIFICATES
Expected Licenses/ Certificates
Microsoft MCSE - Required
VMware vSphere certification - Required
VMware Horizon certification - Preferred
Cisco CCNA, CCNP, or more advanced certification - Required
Cisco Cybersecurity Associate - Preferred
TECHNICAL KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
Technical Knowledge & Skills
Personal computer skills including electronica mail, appliction support, network setup, etc. - Preferred
MS office (Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook) - Required
• Professional/Technical Capability – Perform specific tasks/phases of work with moderate complexity (applying established process, past business cases and expertise from education) in a stable manner.
• Learning initiative/ Adaptability – Learn work process and gain work knowledge through real work experience.
• Process Efficiency – Work process improvement on day-to-day operations/assignments.
• Policy Compliance – Follow all company and operational policies and procedures.
• Analyzes and recommends security controls and procedures in business processes related to use of information systems and assets, and monitors for compliance.
• Experience should include security policy development, security education, network penetration testing, application vulnerability assessments, risk analysis and compliance testing.
• Strong experience in standard Enterprise Network Firewalls and Firewall services (IPS/AMP/ACP/VPN technologies)
• Minimum 2 to 4 years’ experience with Cisco ISE platform.
• Minimum 2 to 4 years’ experience Pen testing with Kali or other platform.
• Minimum 2 to 4 years’ experience with Public and Private Cloud infrastructure security (VMware, GCP, Azure, Aws)
• Troubleshooting security and network problems
• Responding to all system and/or network security breaches
• Develop and publish Information Security policies, procedures, standards and guidelines based on knowledge of best practices and compliance requirements.
• Works with technical operations, software development and service desk groups to assure compliance
• Assists with securing system configurations and installing security tools.
• Coordinate and execute IT security projects.
• Participates in the development of strategies to comply with privacy, risk management, and access control.
• Provides information assurance support for the development and implementation of security architectures to meet new and evolving security requirements.
• Assists in the performance of vulnerability assessments.
• Performs other duties as assigned by the appropriate administrator.
• Required to attend scheduled shift during regular business hours as mandated
• Applies security software patches, and assists in capacity expansions.
• Updates incident and change management records
• Familiar with ITIL concepts such as Incident, Change, and Problem Management
• Communication & Interpersonal Skills – Accurate and timely reporting/ communication/ consultation to supervisor.
• CSR Compliance – Exhibit Leadership & Commitment to Company CSR Policies; support and actively participate in ensuring your actions comply with site CSR policies procedures, and identified best practices.
Job Order ID#: 5307
Location: Pasadena, TX
Job Type: Direct Hire
Apply For This Position