You and your in-house team are most likely to be busy doing other important things than overseeing your IT systems, servers, and networks. For that reason, you should consider outsourcing a managed service provider in Houston, TX to have a professional look into those areas and make sure that those are in optimum condition to prevent downtime and loss of productivity. Just be sure to look for these characteristics in a managed services provider:
Top 5 Things to Look for in a Managed Service Provider:
- Experience – Make sure they have at least 10 years of experience in providing managed services to a variety of small to large businesses in Houston. Longevity in business is usually a good indicator of their dependability and ability to provide high-quality services every time.
- Flexibility – Look for a managed service provider that can take care of all your needs, such as server monitoring, cloud consulting, helpdesk services, network support, and IT network assessment. Some companies are also able to provide web and app design, dedicated hosting, data backup, and DevOps support.
- Reliability – Make sure that they are easy to get in touch with regardless of the time or day of the week. In case there are problems with your systems, the managed service provider in Houston, TX should be able to fix those immediately. Find a reliable service provider that can pro-actively oversee your IT systems, so they can anticipate problems before they cause further interruptions to your operations.
- Technologies – Find out what technologies the managed service provider is using and capable of applying to their projects. Reputable providers are Microsoft-certified, so you can rely on them when it comes to products and services like Microsoft Office 365, ASP.NET development, SQL server reporting, Azure solutions, and Dynamics CRM.
- A one-stop shop – Look for a managed service provider that you can turn to for other services you might need down the line, such as custom development of web, PHP, .NET, cloud, and mobile applications, design services, and IT staffing. This way, you do not have to waste time finding other companies that can help you with other needs.